Licorice powder for skin & hair
Licorice powder is one of the most popular ingredients that has been used in Ayurveda to treat certain diseases. This natural ingredient is found in every household and is often given to someone to chew on if they have a sore throat or nasal congestion. It is the answer to obesity, respiratory problems, gastric issues, skin infections, joint pain, and more. In the Ayurvedic language, this root powder is known as Yashtimadhu, and it is derived from the stem of licorice. Slightly yellowish color, with a sharp odor, rich in calcium, glycyrrhizin acid, antioxidants, antibiotics, and protein.
There are countless benefits of licorice powder. It has become an essential part of Indian Ayurveda and Chinese medicine, both its stem and roots are used for medicinal treatments. In this article, we will tell you all the different benefits of using this powder for skin and hair.
Benefits of Licorice powder for the skin:-
- Prevents sun damage: Regular exposure to the sun can result in appearing dark spots and age spots on your skin making you look older than your age. Applying this herb fades sun spots and leads to an even-looking skin tone.
- Brightens skin: Hyperpigmentation is a very common issue faced by many women nowadays. Many products in the market claim to provide relief from it, a natural option is always better. Applying this powder to the affected area naturally treats hyperpigmentation, giving your skin a smooth and brighter look.
- Fades scars: Scars are normally caused by acne or injuries and take a long time to heal. This natural powder will help to speed up the process by evening out skin tone and minimizing the appearance of scars.
- Treats wrinkles: Stress leads to premature skin ageing, even women in their early 20s have started noticing signs of ageing these days. The antioxidants present in licorice blocks free radicals from harming the skin, thus protecting it from premature ageing.
Directions to use:-
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of licorice powder with one tablespoon of honey.
- Mix them well to prepare a thick paste, add a spoon of lemon juice, and blend the ingredients well.
- If the paste is too thick, then you can add a teaspoon of rose water to make it thin.
- Apply the paste evenly on cleansed face and allow it to stay for 25 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure twice a week to get the best results.
Benefits of licorice powder for the hair:-
- Prevents hair fall: If you are facing hair fall issues and searching for a natural remedy, then licorice could be the answer. It not only promotes blood circulation in the scalp but also nourishes the roots by supplying vital nutrients to the hair follicles. This conditions the hair and adds a healthy shine to it.
- Cures dandruff: Dandruff can be quite disturbing as it falls like flakes on your shoulders. This problem can be remedied with the use of this natural Ayurvedic ingredient. The antibacterial properties in this powder curbs dandruff and other scalp infections that cause itching on the scalp.
- Promotes hair growth: If you feel like your hair growth has become stagnant, then you are not just the only one. This could be due to stress, poor hair care habits, or an unhealthy diet. Get your hands on this amazing powder, there’s no harm in using it to promote blood and oxygen supply to the hair, which helps improve hair growth.
- Prevents premature greying: Consuming and applying licorice powder to the hair can prevent premature greying. This wide range of antioxidants and nutrients present in this natural ingredient will bestow you with your best hair yet.
Directions to use:-
- Take a bowl, put a cup of curd, and five spoons of licorice powder along with two spoons of olive oil.
- Blend all the ingredients well and apply the paste all over your hair and scalp, massage for a few minutes then let it stay for another 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Licorice is a classical herbal remedy blessed with myriad health benefits. It holds high implications in dealing with indigestion, ulcers, cardiac problems, respiratory issues, liver damage, and several skin and hair woes. The widespread health benefits of this herb are extremely beneficial in providing relief from sore throat and congestion. If consumed in the proper dosage, one can steer clear of the side effects and enjoy the countless wellness incentives. Buy one from www.vitronaturals.com.