Best Ayurvedic Way to Cure Constipation | Vitro Naturals Constipation Relief Powder
Consider yourself to be constipated. A bowel movement every other day is entirely typical for some people though Ayurveda would still recommend some strategies to increase regularity. Others can tell they are constipated after just one day without having a bowel movement. The context of each individual and his or her experience of the circumstance is considerably more significant than any one-size-fits-all definition of what is healthy or normal, as is the case with most things in Ayurveda.
The most typical gastrointestinal ailment, which accounts for 2.5 million annual doctor visits, is constipation. Constipation is typically defined as having less than three bowel motions per week or having trouble passing their faeces. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, constipation symptoms are experienced by roughly 16 percent of the population overall.
What causes constipation:
Stools that have been in the colon (large intestine) for too long tend to become hard and dry because the colon has absorbed too much water from them. This condition is known as constipation. It can be challenging to pinpoint the precise cause of constipation because the majority of cases don't have a known reason. However, several variables, such as the following, can raise your risk of constipation:
- Eating too little fibre from fruits, veggies, and grains
- A modification to your daily routine or way of life, such as altering your food patterns
- Limiting one's privacy when using the restroom ignoring the urge to pass stools being inactive or immobile
- Not enough fluids consumed
- An extreme temperature (fever)
- Anxiety or despair, being overweight or underweight
How can ayurveda help?
- Adopt a Vata Dosha-Calming Diet: A Vata-balancing diet is one of the best strategies to prevent constipation. Avoid cold foods and beverages, dried fruit, salads, and the majority of beans. Favour warm dishes, hot beverages, and cooked veggies.
- Triphala Is the Treatment of Choice: The fruit Terminalia chebula, sometimes known as Triphala, is one of the most well-known and potent cures for constipation. Take 1/4 teaspoon of Triphala powder, 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom seeds as a drink or as a supplement. Have them twice daily after grinding. A laxative glycoside is present in triphala. Flatulence and indigestion are relieved by cardamom and coriander seeds.
- Ghee and Milk: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies states that "Constipation can be relieved gently and effectively at night by consuming one or two teaspoons of ghee in a cup of heated milk. This benefits Vata and pitta constitutions in particular."
- Bael Fruit Pulp: Constipation may also be eased by consuming a half cup of bael fruit pulp and a teaspoon of jaggery every day before dinner. Additionally, bael sharbat with tamarind water and jaggery added to it is an option.
- Root of liquorice: Take a teaspoon of liquorice root powder. Take it with a cup of warm water and a spoonful of jaggery. Mulethi, also known as liquorice, is thought to encourage bowel movement. Before taking it frequently, you should speak with a qualified ayurvedic practitioner.
- Fennel roast: A teaspoon of roasted fennel mixed with a glass of warm water and consumed before sleep may have a mild laxative effect. By encouraging the formation of gastric enzymes, the volatile oils present in fennel seeds can help get the digestive process started.
- Anjeer: Constipation can also be treated with figs, or anger, steeped in warm water, especially in children. Due to their high fibre content, figs are highly advised. You can consume figs every day to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- China Grass: China grass, also known as agar-agar, is a dried seaweed that creates a gelatinous substance when chopped up and cooked in milk.
Doctor’s opinion on ayurvedic treatment for constipation:
Dr Badari Narayana Vutukuri says that laxatives can be short-term quick remedies, but they can also make the situation worse over time. As a result, it is preferable to treat this illness with a few straightforward lifestyle adjustments and home treatments.
Want to put constipation behind you? This Ayurvedic Constipation Relief Powder from Vitro Naturals accomplishes that. Chronic constipation, migraines, and hyperacidity can all be effectively treated with it. The herbs facilitate better digestion and lessen flatulence. Before going to bed, take 2-3 grams with lots of water!